Partnering with Chapter Advisors
Have you ever felt alone on campus? Are you looking for someone who “gets” your ministry? God has already provided someone who cares about students and understands the opportunities and challenges of campus ministry – your chapter advisor!
As a campus ministry, we want to partner well with the institutions we serve. Whether faculty or staff, chapter advisors play a vital role in supporting, facilitating, and advocating for our work on campus. This page is dedicated to guiding you through finding and building relationships with chapter advisors that bless them, the chapter, and the campus!
For a deeper dive with resources on working with faculty and Chapter Advisors, check these out (staff login required):
- Tips from a Seasoned Faculty Advisor
- Faculty Ministry: A Game Changer in Undergrad Ministry
- What Chapter Advisors Want
- Renewing Vision for Chapter Advisors
- Staff Conference 2020 talk by Sandy Shugart (President, Valencia College)
- Staff Conference 2017 talk by David Vosburg (Professor of Chemistry, Harvey Mudd College)
- A Letter from a Christian Professor (Fred Hickernell, Vice Provost for Research, Illinois Tech)
- Student Affairs 101 for Campus Ministry
- Engaging Faculty: Office Visits
- 9 Tips on Working with Faculty
- Community College Faculty Resource
If you have any questions or suggestions, please contact us. We’d love to hear from you!