Faculty carry a lot of responsibilities. They conduct research, teach classes, serve on administrative councils, advise student organizations, and much more. Faculty Week gives us an opportunity to tell them how much we appreciate them!
Here are a few ideas for expressing gratitude during the week:
- Invite students to write notes of encouragement and appreciation to their professors.
- You could combine the note writing time with the prayer gathering, have each small group write notes, or table and invite anyone to come up and write notes!
- Make sure you designate who will deliver the notes and when!
- Run a social media campaign.
- Have students share their #FacultyWeek story of a faculty member on campus who impacted them. Have them tag five other students to share their stories...and make sure to tag the department the professor is in!
- Make sure to thank your chapter advisor(s).
- Have a special note and/or gift for your faculty member, signed by students. Bonus points if you have this ready before your one-on-one meeting!