The video recording of this event will be posted soon.
Thanks so much to the faculty and grad students from more than 20 campuses across the country who gathered together for lunch in a live, interactive, online event using Zoom video conferencing on Thursday, November 1, 2018. We hope those attending enjoyed the chance to get to know Kathy and her heart for ministry to faculty around the world. Please see the links below for a few resources that came up during our call.
This video recording of Lunch with a Purpose features Kathy Tuan-MacLean, PhD, National Director of Faculty Ministry, InterVarsity Christian Fellowship/USA. Join Kathy as she shares insights she has gained from her work with faculty and graduate students at Harvard over the past decade and her vision, hopes, and the opportunities she sees for faculty across the country in the years to come. In addition to presenting the Four Loves of Academic Life, Kathy explores aspects of prayer and the connections of prayer to the academic life.
Kathy has served with InterVarsity for over 25 years, and in 2017 became the National Director for InterVarsity’s Faculty Ministry. She also spearheads the Boston Faculty Fellowship (BFF). Kathy earned her PhD from Northwestern University in Human Development and Social Policy. She is married to Scott MacLean and they have three children.
Hosted by the Ohio Valley Graduate and Faculty Ministries Team, Howard Van Cleave, Special Event Coordinator
Links of Interest
- Like or Follow InterVarsity Faculty Ministry on facebook. Invite fellow Christian faculty to our community and grow your academic Christian support system through social networking. We encourage you to interact here and let us know what's new in your campus ministry.
- Check out the InterVarsity Faculty Ministry homepage where you will find links to resources, an InterVarsity chapter map, ideas for starting a faculty community, past issues and the opportunity to subscribe to The Lamp Post, the e-newsletter of InterVarsity Faculty Ministry, and much more.
- One particular resource that came up on the call is Marcia Bosscher's, The Double Loneliness of the Academic Life. The article includes links to several other authors writing on this same topic. You are not alone!
- Join us at one of our four summer Faculty Conferences. The Northeast and West Coast dates are still being decided, but the Midwest will be June 15-21, 2019 and the Blue Ridge will be June 27-30, 2019. For these and more event details, visit our Events page.
- Coming soon! Check back for a link to the next Lunch with a Purpose on Thursday, April 4 with Francis Su.
- If InterVarsity Graduate and Faculty Ministries staff can be of help to you, please contact us. We would love to connect you with the closest undergraduate, graduate, or faculty staff member to pray with you, brainstorm ways to help you start a community, or to support you.
Thank you for loving God and serving your campus community. We are praying for you and we humbly seek to serve alongside you.