The Westmont College campus offers opportunities for hiking, a swimming pool available for daily use, as well as other athletic facilities. There are also tranquil gardens and an art museum to explore. There will also be coordinated opportunities to explore the beauty and fun of Santa Barbara, beyond the campus.
955 La Paz Road
Santa Barbara, CA 93108
Download the campus map PDF
2019 Arrival, Check In, and Departure
While we expect 2020 details to be similar, please remember these dates are not correct for next year!
Check in for the conference will open at 3:00 p.m. on Sunday, July 28, at the Global Leadership Center (#18 on the Westmont map) and ends at 5:30 p.m. Before our 6:00 p.m dinner, there will be an optional reception as well as a children’s program orientation starting at 4:30 p.m. Please park in the GLC parking lot (P21 on map) or in P19, P18, P17, or P16 parking lots.
On Friday, August 2nd, checkout is between 9:00 and 9:30am.
Parking is available on site at Westmont College at no charge for conference participants. You can park in the GLC parking lot (P21 on map) or in P19, P18, P17, or P16 parking lots. For those within driving distance of the conference, please see the note below regarding linens.
For your convenience, we recommend flying into the Santa Barbara Airport (SBA). However, in some cases, the Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) will have significantly lower airfare and is about 95 miles from Westmont. Rental cars or shuttles are available at LAX.
From Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) to Westmont College:
- Make a reservation directly with SBAirbus shuttle to the Santa Barbara Hyatt drop-off. Click here for SBAirbus’ set schedule and fees.
- Submit your travel information to West Coast Faculty Conference by July 14th to arrange for a ride from Santa Barbara Hyatt to Westmont College.
- If you arrive at Santa Barbara Hyatt after 5:30 p.m., please arrange your own Uber or taxi to Westmont College (12 minutes).
From Santa Barbara Airport (SBA) to Westmont College:
- Submit your travel information to West Coast Faculty Conference by July 14th to arrange for a ride from SBA to Westmont College.
- If you arrive after 5:30 p.m, please arrange your own rental car, Uber, or taxi to Westmont College (20-30 minutes).
- Please book your train tickets here to the Santa Barbara train station. We recommend you to plan arriving into the train station by 4pm.
- Submit your travel information here to West Coast Faculty Conference by July 14th to arrange for a ride from Santa Barbara train station to Westmont College.
- If you arrive at Santa Barbara Train station after 5:30 p.m., please arrange your own Uber or taxi to Westmont College (16 minutes).
If travel costs become prohibitive, then we encourage you to apply for a scholarship to offset these costs. Please email us if you have questions about your travel arrangements.
What to Pack
Are you wondering what to bring to the conference? Check back in the spring for a suggested packing list for a list of recommended items to pack and a few things we suggest leaving behind.
Important Note: Linens
Locals, those of you within driving distance to the conference, we encourage you to bring your own linens (twin sheets and blankets). We imagine this will be more comfortable for some people, and it will help us to mitigate the increased costs of the conference due to the facility upgrade. Attendees flying to SoCal for the conference will be provided linens by Westmont. Please email us at email@example.com by Saturday, July 20th if you are driving and need to arrange for linens to be provided for you by Westmont.