A Digital Pilgrimage with Faculty
Virtual Pilgrimage from June 24 - July 23, 2021
Click Here to Register Now
In the Celtic tradition of Christianity pilgrims didn’t have a definite destination. They only knew and trusted the trinitarian God who called them as they headed out. This could be a description of the past year which has felt like a time of wandering for many people. We long for some anchor in this uncertainty.
This summer InterVarsity Faculty Ministries is offering an opportunity to find that anchor during Via Divina: The Celtic Way with Faculty. Take time each week from June 24 to July 23 to engage with the Triune God—the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit—in new ways as we explore the roots and branches of the biblical Christianity practiced by early Celtic followers of Jesus.
All faculty are welcome to join in this digital experience, along with spouses, students, staff, and administrators—really anyone who cares about the world of the academy and longs for a way to practice the presence of God in its midst.
Faculty, administrators, spouses, students, alumni and those who love faculty.
"I ended up participating in the rest of the Digital Camino and it was exactly what I needed in that season of life. It gave me just enough direction and a solid action step I could do each week: take a walk, and listen to this audio file. It got me out of the house, and off of the computer. It got me moving, and it got me praying. It got me thinking about Jesus and not just COVID. Our small group of 4 women met virtually every week to debrief our Camino experience... What started as a random group of women from around the country, has turned into a delightful support group for all the ups and downs of the past year."
— Jennifer Hawk, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Chemistry, Converse College
Via Divina: The Celtic Way will include
- Eight Walks: With an audio guide.
- Visio Divina: Contemplation on a piece of art created by InterVarsity staff Bette Dickinson.
- Debrief Groups: Form your own or join one hosted by InterVarsity staff.
- And More: Webinars, spiritual direction, creative activities
Over the course of the four weeks you are invited to:
- Encounter God’s loving presence through creation, especially in the unchosen-ness of our present circumstances.
- Lean on the protective power of God for us personally, our communities, and our world.
- Experience the paradox of spiritual rootedness that gives purpose to our wandering.
- Lean into the healing and repentance necessary to reveal our God-given identity.
- Boldly step into the unknown journey with the God who knows all, and do so with hope that our journey is good, beautiful, and purposeful.
- Participate in community such that all things are restored, made right, and woven together in the resurrection of Jesus.
- Extend ourselves for the sake of life in community.
- Learn and then take what we learn into the work and places where we are called.
Here’s a taste of what to expect:
Costs for this four week experience cover the many hours a team of InterVarsity staff dedicated to the design, writing, and production of the audioguides, journal, and other elements; the creation of nine original art pieces; webinar speakers; pilgrimage hosts; and other expenses.
- Faculty/Administrators/Spouses/Alumni/Those who Love Faculty
- Individual — $80
- Couple — $120
- Group of 3 or more forming a debrief group — $50/person
- Individual — $40
- Couple — $60
- Group of 3 or more forming a debrief group — $20/person
- InterVarsity Staff — Free
We don’t want money to be an issue. If you’d like a scholarship, please let us know. Click here to contact us.