The Celebrating the Scholarship of People of African Descent submission portal is open Feb 1 to May 1, 2024! ALL posters submitted to the UN Celebration of Scholarship of People of African Descent will be lodged in the permanent collections of the United Nations iLibrary.
- A sampling of posters will be on physical display at the closing IDPAD Caribbean regional Celebration, Conference and Poster Exhibition on June 15-16, 2024 at UWI, Mona Jamaica.
- Also, a sampling of posters submitted to the Celebration of Scholarship of People of African Descent Call for Posters may also be exhibited in the Exhibition Hall of the United Nations Headquarters during the 79th session of the UN General Assembly, September 20-22, 2024
SUBMISSIONS AND DEADLINE
Abstracts and posters invited that address our understanding and measurement of human flourishing, especially across African Diaspora cultures despite modern challenges and situations of adversity. Presenters may share how their scholarship emerged and are of relevance to policymakers or practitioners and/or will change the course of human flourishing in our countries and elsewhere. Multi disciplinary scholarship and research is highly encouraged. Submitters may check up to three (3) focus areas when they submit.
- IFES Alumni, Entrepreneurs, Professionals, Policy-makers and other marketplace contributors
- High/Secondary School Students
- Undergraduate Students
- Post-graduate Students
- University Faculty, Staff, Administrators, Researchers and Scholars
- National Movement Staff and Volunteers
- Original work or work previously shared
- Primary author must have participated in the activities showcased and obtained the necessary approvals where sensitive data is used
- Published papers; pre-prints; or completed / very late-stage research that is ready to be presented • Research ongoing or completed and author should present data / outcomes
- Preference given to recent scholarship and research
- No more than two posters and abstracts per primary author
RESEARCH/VOCATIONAL/SCHOLARSHIP TRACKS, THEMES, FOCUS AREAS
- Music, Theater, Dance, Culture, Visual and Performing Arts
- Applied Sciences, Agriculture, Architecture, Engineering, Biology and Ecology
- Arts and Humanities, Education and Social Sciences, Philosophy, Psychology
- Public Service, Law, Politics, Religion and Spirituality
- Medicine, Nursing and Allied Health & Wellness Professions
- Business, Finance, Economics and Policy
- Mathematics, Computer Science, Environmental and Natural Sciences
- Technology and Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Other: Another discipline not captured in the list above
Submit a Poster Here
Click here for a printable PDF. Please share this opportunity with your colleagues.