InterVarsity Christian Fellowship’s MBA Ministry is delighted to have launched the first Christian MBA Alumni Network in 2020. The vision of the Network is:
- To enable the flourishing of alumni
- To encourage alumni to help their companies, communities, and local campuses flourish
This vision is partly based on Jeremiah 29:7 – “Also, seek the peace and prosperity of the city to which I have carried you into exile. Pray to the Lord for it, because if it prospers, you too will prosper.”
Our Christian MBA Alumni Network, our Christian MBA LinkedIn Group, and our events are open (many are free) to any believer who has earned an MBA, whether or not participation in an InterVarsity event occurred. Feel free to invite your friends and colleagues to join!
Christian MBA Alumni Network
Stay connected! Join our Christian MBA Alumni Network email list to learn about future events, opportunities, and resources. To date, more than 2,000 alumni are on the list.
We invite you to join our Christian MBA LinkedIn Group.
Note: Type "Accept" when you receive the group guidelines to finalize acceptance into the group.
Virtual & In-Person Events
Join us for virtual and in-person experiences specially curated for you!
MBA Student Site
Visit our MBA student site: mbaministry.org
We have a robust line up of in-person and virtual events planned for 2022. Keep checking back as more events will be announced.
MBA Alumni Ministry Speaker Series - 2022
We are honored to be able to provide a great line up of speakers each year. We started off 2022 with two authors: Cheryl Bachelder, former CEO of Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen and Andy Crouch, Partner at Praxis Labs. Each of our lively Zoom Speaker Series meetings begin at 7:00 pm CT and inlcude a 15-minute meet 'n greet at 6:45 pm CT and a 30-minute networking opportunity. We offer these opportunities to learn from giants in business and faith at no cost and encourage you to invite your friends and colleagues.
Speaker Series meetings are NOT recorded to offer the speakers complete freedom to share openly so please save the date and attend.
Check back soon as we are curating your next Speaker Series experience!
2022 Events Completed
- Speaker Series: Serving vs Leading, Cheryl Bachelder, Jan 2022
- Conference: Believer's in Business '22: Our Strength in Christ's Surrender (In-person), Feb 2022
- MBA Alumni In-Person Event: Kick Off Happy Hour, Dallas, TX, Mar 2022
- MBA Alumni In-Person Event: Chicago, IL, Apr 2022
- Speaker Series: The Life We're Looking For, Andy Crouch, Apr 2022
2021 Events Completed
We are proud of and extremely thankful for the robust line up of virtual and in-person events we were able to offer in 2021.
- GFM Evangelism Course, Jan-Feb 2021
- Speaker Series: Leadership in Crisis with Steve Preston, Feb 2021
- Conference: Believers in Business (Virtual), Feb 2021
- Virtual Book Study: "Discover Joy in Work Book Club" with Shundrawn Thomas, Mar 2021
- Redemptive Entrepreneurship Panel, May 2021
- Virtual Book Study: "Rare Leadership in the Work Place," Summer 2021
- Conference: Faith Driven Entrepreneur & Faith Driven Investor In-person Watch Parties, Sep 2021
- Conference: Faith Driven Entrepreneur & Faith Driven Investor Virtual Networking After Parties, Sep 2021
- Speaker Series: The Emotionally Healther Leader with Dr. Atasha Jordan, MBA, Sep 2021
- Speaker Series: Designing Your Post Covid Work Life, Dave Evans, Oct 2021
- MBA Alumni In-Person Event: Kick Off Happy Hour, Chicago, IL, Oct 2021
- Virtual Book Study: "Designing Your New Work Life," Nov 2021
- MBA Alumni In-Person Event: SF Bay Area Kick Off Happy Hour, Nov 2021
- MBA Alumni In-Person Event: SF Bay Area Hike and Refreshments, Nov 2021
- Speaker Series: Leadership for the Long-Haul, Pete Shimer, Nov 2021
- State of the Ministry Address, Mark Washington, Dec 2021
Our Inaugural Year
Since our inception in 2020, we have already seen great spiritual and professional growth, including new jobs and co-founders secured. In response to the pandemic and a large-scale survey, our initial launch was virtual and included seven events:
- Designing Your Work Life in Light of COVID-19 with Dave Evans speaking and almost 100 participants.
- A follow up virtual book study for the Designing Your Life and Designing Your Work Life books by Dave Evans and Bill Burnett.
- Four industry focused events with panels and networking time: Tech, Finance, Entrepreneurship, and General Management/Consulting, with 140 participants.
- A Job Seeker’s Forum and Networking event featuring Torrey Foster, an executive with Korn Ferry (a talent search firm).
- In partnership with Faith Driven Investor and Faith Driven Entrepreneur, we provided free passes to their annual conferences.
- A Journey of Generosity (JOG) retreat which taught biblical principles of generosity in partnership with Generous Giving.
- A State of the Ministry event recapping all the wonderful fruit that God bore in 2020 in spite of the tragedies in the global pandemic, economic disruptions, and racial justice.
OUR PRAYERS FOR YOU
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." ~ Jeremiah 29:11-13
We look forward to connecting with you! Please feel free to contact us.
National Director of MBA Ministry
National Administrator of MBA Ministry
InterVarsity Christian Fellowship